Yemassee reads in the Fall and Spring for fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. Current guidelines can be found at http://yemasseejournal.com/.
There a $4 reading fee for submissions across all genres, with periodic free submission periods announced throughout the year.
Yemassee is currently closed for submissions. We will re-open in September to submissions in fiction and poetry. Check back soon!
Purchase our 2021 issue
Purchase the winner of the 2020 Poetry Chapbook Contest!
Purchase the winner of our 2020 Fiction Chapbook Contest!
2018 Contest Issue: Fall 2019
2019's Fall Issue | 26.2 Feel our beautiful matte covers and sturdy paper for yourself. Purchase a print issue of Yemassee via credit card for only $6. Our back issue archive with content details can be found here. 26.1, features fantastic new work, including:
- Fiction from Jacquelaine Jiang Chieu, Hunter Choate, Leonora Desar, Olivia Germann, Catherine Moore, Nicklaus Rupert, Lauren Sills
- Poetry from Emma Aylor, Sarah Carey, Caroline Crew, Annie Diamond, Lupita Eyde-Tucker, Sonja Johanson, Andrew Koch, Nicholas Karavatos, Patrick Kindig, Cameron Lawrence, Jennifer Lentfer, Ray McManus, Brooke Moody, Emmy Newman, Hannah Newman, Phoebe Reeves, Nicholas Reiner, Mara Adamitz Scrupe, Susan Sonde, K.G. Strayer
- Nonfiction from Stephen Howie, Hannah Sward, Amy Zaranek
- Cover Art by Melanie Walker
- Layout and Cover Design by Andrew Green and Alex Mayer
Thank you for your support!