Overview: Yemassee is now accepting entries for its 2020 Writing Prizes, including the 2020 Chapbook Contests. The author of the winning poetry chapbook will receive $1250 and 25 copies of their chapbook. Author input on cover art will be considered.
The editors will select ten finalists and pass those submissions on to the guest judge. The ten finalists will receive acknowledgment.
Deadline: February 15th, 2020
Entry Instructions: To enter, submit one chapbook with 20-26 pages of poetry (title page, dedication, etc. does not count). An entry fee of $18 must accompany each entry.
Formatting and Other Guidelines: Submissions that do not conform to these guidelines may be disqualified at the editors' discretion.
- Entries must be submitted online using Submittable (paper submissions will not be accepted)
- The author's name must not appear anywhere in the submission or in the file name.
- We welcome multiple entries. However, each entry must be submitted separately and accompanied by an additional entry fee.
- While we do allow simultaneous submissions, please inform us immediately if the submission is accepted elsewhere by withdrawing through Submittable.
- Note that no refunds will be issued for submissions that are withdrawn or disqualified.
- All entries must be submitted by the deadline.
Eligibility: Current or previous Yemassee staff, close personal friends or family of the Yemassee staff, and writers who have been published in Yemassee within the past two years are ineligible for entry.
Guest Judge: Gabrielle Calvocoressi