Overview: Yemassee is now accepting entries for its 2020 Writing Prizes, including the 2020 Fiction Contest. The author of the winning story will receive $1,000 and publication in Yemassee 27.2, the Fall Issue of 2020. The editors will select ten finalists and pass those stories on to the guest judge. The ten finalists will receive acknowledgment and all entries will be considered for publication in an upcoming issue of Yemassee.
Deadline: April 15th 2020
Entry Instructions: To enter, submit one story up to 7500 words. An entry fee of $15 must accompany each entry.
Formatting and Other Guidelines: Submissions that do not conform to these guidelines may be disqualified at the editors' discretion.
- Entries must be submitted online using Submittable; paper submissions will not be accepted.
- The author's name must not appear anywhere in the submission or in the file name.
- We welcome multiple entries. However, each entry must be submitted separately and accompanied by an additional entry fee.
- While we do allow simultaneous submissions, please inform us immediately if the submission is accepted elsewhere by withdrawing in Submittable.
- Note that no refunds will be issued for submissions that are withdrawn or disqualified.
- All entries must be submitted by the deadline.
Eligibility: Current or previous Yemassee staff, close personal friends or family of the Yemassee staff, and writers who have been published in Yemassee within the past two years are ineligible for entry.
Guest Judge: Eric Puchner